Monday, January 24, 2011

To Be Read...Eventually

I fear that my TBR pile is growing, turning into the paper equivalent of the Blob. Some books have been on the shelf for almost three years. That doesn't stop me from putting down cash for new ones or heading to the library for others.

I suppose I should join Books Anonymous, BA. I'm Mageela and I'm addicted to books. I become excited when I enter a bookstore or the library. So much knowledge and entertainment existing in the world that I want to soak up. There's a quote, "Wear an old coat and buy a new book."
That's how I pretty much run my life :)

The worst is the choice that has to be made when I must decide which book to read. They are all so interesting. Each one seeming to be a shiny jewel that I chose by doing my-mother-said. Other times by the feel of the book in my hand, the sound the paper makes when I flip a page or the print or if my eyes can stare at my Nook.

The choice are difficult ones that don't affect the world but can us, the reader. Every reader decides in their own way, how do you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment