Friends have a way of changing your life. I can't image my life without Liz. The girl who always has me laughing and worrying sometimes but I know she'll always get it together. Or my writers friends who understand the ups and downs of writing and make me feel like I found a place. And the friends that were lost or faded away, they've each touched my life.
But I was wondering about the friends I would like to have.
1. Johnny Deep: Besides being great eye candy, there's an intelligence that I love about him. I think I might see the world different if he were a friend.
2. Chelsea Handler from Chelsea Lately: She's funny and fun. The closest I hang with her are through with her books [can't wait for Chelsea Bang Bang] and her 11 pm show on E!
3. Karl Lagerfeld: The man is a genius, designing for Chanel, Fendi, and his own line, as well as a photographer. A true artist genius in two art forms I love the most.
4. Jackie Collins: Because I love her and she's one of my idols. I would love her to mentor me in writing.
5. Victoria Beckham: I've always liked her and I just bet there is something more to her. And as a fashion designer, I can get clothes. Maybe borrow one of her many Birkin bags.
6. Tina Fey: The woman's funny and smart. She's the person you can just sit back on the sofa, munching on Cheetos while watching Kendra. Sweats mandatory! Laughter always.
7. Pink: The woman ROCKS!! If I hadn't been a fan since her first album I would have been after that Grammy performance. She writes her song, which she pours her heart into. Her voice and talent is long-lasting. Love a tough woman who doesn't lose her femininity. And my favorite color is Pink.
8. Amy Poehler: She get you in a little bit of trouble-- not the need-to-get-bail-out kind but you might be banned from a few bars. Each of us need a friend that will push to enjoy life. And to think when you need a friend to lean on, she show you the fun side of the life. She'll have your back.
9. Graham Norton: The funny Irishman is the best. Hey I love to laugh. He'll say something raunchy and probably blame it on you. But you'll be snorting your drink through your nose so you won't care.
10. Eli Roth: One reason only--friends sometimes fall in love. Could it happen between us. Fingers crossed. The man wrote Hostel [some can't take the gore] but to have a man that looks that good and likes to write. Sounds perfect to me.
Looking at this list, I have a few friends that fit each reason why I picked these celebs. Crazy. Which celebrity friends would you like?
Friday, February 26, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
I love football and puppies and Animal Planet blended them to make the cutest TV event. I ooh-ed and aahh-ed through about two hours of television. Last night, after I watched the Saints march over the Colts I tuned into the Puppy Bowl. I cooed at the cutest starting line-up and chuckled at the Kitty Half show and got a Hamster View from the blimp manned by Hamsters [thankfully there's autopilot].
Watching this fun speaks to both the girly side of me that loves all things soft and fluffy. But also my human side that loves our best friends. Yesterday, was a Shepard Mix [with a Rott] named Carson who looked like my dog, Trouble. My baby had a huge personality and a love for food. Cancer took him from me and I miss him everyday. When I watch the Puppy Bowl, that hole in me is filled, a connection is made. After all, we evolved and thrived thanks to dogs. I don't anyone that has had their life impacted by an animal whether a cat or dog, bird or anything one existing out there.
We have to treat our animals better. So spay or neuter your animals, help out a rescue center by donating time, food and if your searching for a dog, save one. They are our best friends [I include cats too], I think it's time we be theirs.