Thursday, October 14, 2010

When I Was A Young Girl

When I was a young girl, my mother encouraged me to read and purchased anything that had a written word.  Magazines were reading materials I received monthly.  At the time, there weren't many books that spoke to a pre-teen or teenager girl. 

Well, I fell in love with magazines.  Still till this day, I pour over my magazines.  I subscribe to Vogue--the love of my life--Vanity Fair, Glamour, Cosmo, Marie Claire, GQ, Writer's Digest and Romantic Times.  
Even now, I know the days when they are or should be stuffed into my mailbox.  I read them from cover to cover and even the Editor's Letter. 

My favorite magazine in the world is VOGUE.  I must be the only person in the world who would be utterly thrill that I would jump for it if I were to meet Anna Wintour.  I love her.  Each month she and the Vogue team produce a product that take me away to a stylish planet.   Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw said she purchased Vogue before food since she thought it fed her soul.  I agree. 

Much of publishing is becoming digital, I implore the publishing beings not to take away the printed word.  I love the shiny feel of the vivid photos.  The way the pages curl up and the quick snap as I flick the pages.  So, please until you can recreate the reading-magazine experience, keep on printing them.  I'll keep on reading them. Since I received my Vanity Fair and Cosmo.  Tah-Tah.

No comments:

Post a Comment