Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Doing it for the First Time...

Not that first time, dirty minds.  My first conference.  On Friday, I will be one of the masses attending the NJ RWA conference.  I can't wait :) Cliche, yes I know but it's exactly how I'm feeling.  I'm nervous, excited and wondering if my outfits will look good.  I've heard nothing but great things about this conference and my chapter mates emphasize the need for me to attend. 

I'm a seasoned traveler, thanks to the Air Force so packing isn't a problem. Hopefully, my energy levels won't drop until it's over.  But this one is for me to lose my conference virginity so when RWA national conference arrivals in the Big Apple in June I'll be prepared for the craziness that is.

So, I'll be attending great workshops, meeting new people and pitching my category romance.  With crossed fingers and hope, this conference will be a wonderful one.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fantastic trip! I attended my first writer's conference this past spring and it was a wonderful experience. I learned so much, got to speak with great writers and agents, and was able to do a lot of networking. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mageela,

    You'll have a great time. Don't worry. It's a great conference. And I'll be there!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete