Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween's Top 10


Shut off the lights, curl up on the sofa under your Snuggie Blanket, have your bowl of popcorn close, keep the candy for yourself and lose yourself in my Halloween Movie Top 10 list.

1. Halloween series [Whether the 70 & 80s versions or Rob Zombie's remakes]
2. Scary Movie 1 & 2 [Only ones worth watching]
3. Scream 1 & 2 [Same as Scary Movie]
4. Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
5. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
6. Nightmare on Elm Street [A young Johnny Depp being sucked into a bed]
7. Practical Magic
8. The Witches of Eastwick
9. Rebecca [Hitchcock has to be included]
10. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir [For the romantic that likes a little paranormal activity]

4 comments:

  1. Oh, boy, Mageela, great subject! I have to admit that I don't do the "slice and dice" films like Halloween and those types. I did love Practical Magic, and I like some of the older films. The Haunting of Hill House (original, sorry, Liam!) is great and movies like Rosemary's Baby, The Seventh Sign (Demi Moore - schlock, but I love it), Stigmata, and my Depp fix is good with From Hell, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands. And a totally creepy, but utterly non-paranormal, The Night of the Hunter with Robert Mitchum. For Halloween laughs, you cannot beat the original Arsenic and Old Lace. And, let's see - Underworld, Van Helsing, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Gaslight, Aliens, the original War of the Worlds, original Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and there's nothing like a great Twilight Zone marathon. I guess I could go on, but I won't! So many scary movies, so little time! Super, Mageela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practical Magic, The Ghost and Mrs Muir, the Witches of Eastwick, Mageela my dear, you hit on some of my favs...

    Love your blog.. and Lord knows I have to learn to navigate mine better.

    Happy spooky day!!!

    Patt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lise, You picked some great movies. I think I have to construct a top fifty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patt,

    No matter the occasion one can't go wrong with classics. Thanks for the love.

    ReplyDelete